The Road to Marathon #8

I signed up for the Waterford Marathon back in March. I love it when you have months ahead to plan, run, and train. Everything will go to schedule. You plan on getting in the weekly long runs but this time, you'll do more, you'll go further, you'll train harder. But the funny thing about time, and life, is that is consistently gets in the way. Weeks passed and yep, I clocked up the miles out on the road but it I didn't really follow my training as I had planned it. I maintained the weekly long runs but started faffing around with other things - no speed training, no intervals, no easy runs. 

I'm reminded by the phrase 'Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.' - For me, this will be marathon #8 and I've done the exact same thing I've done for all the previous ones. Am I training just to clock up another notch in my belt or am I training to improve, get better, improve?

5 weeks to go...

4 weeks to go...

3 weeks to go...

2 weeks to go...

1 week...

I'm not being hard on myself, more-so just reflecting at the end of another round of marathon training. The funny thing is, I've always really enjoyed completing the marathon training. I also become extremely grateful to my body for getting me, injury free, through weeks and weeks of high milage and hours of road running relatively unscathed. 

Waterford, I'm coming to get you! 

(Side Note: There is less than two weeks left in voting for the Rock n Roll Idol competition which could see me run a marathon in Vegas if I win - so if you'd be so kind, I'd really appreciate your vote. Pop over to the website and give me a vote. It takes less than a minute and if I win, I'll bring you back a stick of rock - Link: www.runrocknroll.com/dublin/rock-idol/)

Comments