Two weeks in to the 8 Week WW Challenge

So two weeks ago, myself and The Skinny Doll challenged ourselves (and anyone else who fancied a kick-start) with an eight week challenge. The rules were simple, if you were down weight on the scales, the other has to cough up some money (€5). If you are up on the scales, you cough up more (€20). All money goes into a pot for Breast Cancer Ireland (you can donate here if you'd like to help: https://give.everydayhero.com/ie/wwchallenge).

For me, week 1 was a great re-start. I've always believed in the power of small changes so I set myself the mini goal of tracking everything for the month of September and so far, I've stuck to it. Tracking keeps me accountable to myself as I have an uncanny knack of forgetting the sweet treats I eat along the way and that 11am coffee break biscuit followed by the 4pm half a twix and the post-dinner square (or two) of chocolate all add up! I've decided not to cut chocolate/treats out as I find sometimes this backfires when I snap, so by tracking I can have my cake and eat it too (so to speak).

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...

My Week 1 result was down 2lbs. Doll was down a seriously impressive 6.5lbs so between us we've clocked up €10 for Breast Cancer Ireland and lost 8.5lbs.

For Week 2, my little change was to be more active. Now, I already do a good bit of running but I wanted to vary my exercise routine so I started yoga at work, brought the dog on more walks than usual and started back at Bootcamp (which I've been neglecting all Summer). It's easy to make excuses and complain about the weather/how dark it is in the mornings/evenings but we are going into Winter and a little rain/darkness never stopped me before.


Office Yoga/Snoozing (snapped by a work colleague)

Walking in Renville Woods

Saturday Morning at Oranmore parkrun

My Week 2 result: Down 4lbs! Skinny Doll was down 1.5lbs. That's another €10 in the pot for Breast Cancer Ireland and in the battle of East vs West, Boy vs Girls, Doll vs JQ we are down a total of 1 stone in two weeks. Our battle plans drawn up, we both advance on into Week 3 with guns blazing!


I'll leave you with this thought - I was visiting a friend in hospital (UCHG) last week and the lobby area there really is some amazing thought-provoking artwork. A great Galway artist (Finbar247) has painted many positive mental health messages all over the walls there, its impossible not to feel inspired walking by. This is probably my favourite and sums up a lot of what this challenge is teaching me - Start today (Day 1), take baby steps repeating your positive actions (track, walk, be accountable to yourself with what you eat) and within three week, you'll have formed a new habit/routine. That's the essence of the eight week challenge to re-ignite lapsed ways and get back into gear!


Comments