The Past is in the Past

Christmas has come and gone like a crazy tornado that lifted wrapping paper, mince pies and half eaten tins of biscuits with it. All that remained in its path of destruction is:

1. The Post Christmas Bulge
2. A malnourished Bank Account
3. That Let It Go song from Frozen (hence this post title).


After my first weigh-in of 2015, I left Weight Watchers with my head in a weird place - sink or swim, rebuild my lego castle or push it off the table? As the dust settled on Tuesday evening I had time to think about what was really going. I remember hearing someone say before that, if like at play, you could step back and watch what was going on, it will help you can make more sense of your situation, so thats exactly what I did. I spent the next few days thinking things through.

I realised that I have been using my past successes as a crutch. I've been clinging on to excuses that were valid before but now don't carry the same weight. For example, I gave up smoking. That was nearly a year and a half ago - I need to let it go (as an excuse). You are only as strong as your weakest excuse and I have cashed that one in more than enough over the past 524 days (I just worked that out).

Another excuse which I've been sitting on is the wedding, and like quitting smoking, I don't regret using it as an excuse, but it's had its time and now I need to let that one go too. So, where does that leave me... Well, looking at my current weight trajectory I'm only going upwards. Looking at my running times, they aren't getting faster and I am sitting around the same place as I was this time last year time wise.

Now, here is where the stage direction comes in. Standing back and looking at the storyline unfold, I can see what worked for me in the past which I through accident or design, I left in the past. First things first, I'd stopped tracking, I'd stopped planning, I didn't have any small goals. With no goals or line in the sand to measure yourself against, it's hard to know if you are doing well or not. For that reason I have re-instated my Excel weight tracker along with the target line in the sand.




I've also realised, I'm in no rush. I'd be more than happy to lose 1lb a week between now and June. That would bring me to 12st 7lbs (my new goal) just in time for my Summer Holidays. This is reasonable, achievable and realistic - the three key ingredients to past goals I've achieved. This isn't a race, there is no finish line. Sinking is possible, but drowning isn't. I'm going to keep myself on track and accountable only to myself using my blue dashed target line.

It's been two weeks since I left my past successes in the past. This is what has happened:


The past is in the past. What matters from here on out is what I do from here on out.

Comments

  1. Well said John, your right about letting it go!! i keep getting "stuck" on the fact that i have lost and gained the same 10.5lbs in the last 12 months!!
    I really need to let it go and just start fresh!! May steal your excel sheet :) (luv it)
    I've 66lbs I want to say goodbye too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can share it here if you like - it automatically updates the chart also :)

      Delete
  2. This oversaturation in the market has companies fighting to get hold of Trx For Sale, inspiring them to take measures which are usually not seen in the conventional purchasing environment.
    When supply outweighs demand you would uncover a fundamental economic law which would steer down the price of Trx Suspension Online so as to generate greater sales.
    Color has been one of the selling points for TRX Suspension Training Sale.
    In general, a unisex or gender neutral appearance; a man or woman can wear black-on-black Cheap TRX and not look too masculine or feminine.
    This is a popular brand of TRX For Sale and with good reason.
    This brand offers one of the best trx exercises in the world in an exciting range of cutting-edge designs, styles and colors.
    The internet has become a leading aspect in purchasing cheap trx from the corporate retailers, as a result of the economic indicator of supply and demand.
    The online environment features millions of stores with hundreds of trx for sale usually attempting to market the exact same products or services.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They've already created these TRX Australia with the youthful, fashionable, and hip in head.
    The trx workouts line is more known for its artistic work and elegance in design than anything else.
    Each piece you see on display is a masterpiece in itself and a reflection of trx australia's artwork.
    This brand Trx Workouts is an ideal choice to buy as the designs are always novel and never go out of style.
    One can buy authentic trx workouts and accessories from reputed stores that offer a complete range of this brand.
    You can also buy this trx Australia line from online stores which makes your shopping more easy from the comfort of your home.
    So make sure you dress up this season with fashion that's filled with the hottest and latest TRX workouts in the market.
    TRX Australia is a prime American design house that specializes in a big clothesline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quantum Binary Signals

    Professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone every day.

    Follow our trades today and profit up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment