Since my better half showed me how to make soup, its become a staple in our house. One batch makes 8+ portions. These can be frozen so make for a handy lunch - just grab one from the freezer in the morning and heat up in the microwave at work for a quick easy lunch. I usually have it with 2 slices of bread (5SP) but you could have it with a salad or slimbo for less points.
- 2 x Onions
- 2 x Celery Sticks
- 2 x Carrots
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 Chilli (optional)
- 3 x Knorr Veg Stock Pot
- Peel and chop the carrots, celery and onions
- Peel, de-seed and dice the Butternut Squash & Chilli
- Fry carrots, celery & onions in a pot with a splash of oil for 2-3 minutes
- Boil kettle and add 1.5l of boiling water to pot
- Add Butternut Squash
- Add 3 Veg Stock Pots
- Bring Pot to the Boil then reduce head and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes
- When cool, blitz in a blender
The best thing about this recipe is that you can replace the Butternut Squash with whatever type of veg you fancy. Keep the 2 onion, 2 celery, 2 carrot base and then if you'd prefer Carrot Soup, add a load of chopped carrots. If you'd rather tomato soup, add 2 tins of plum tomatoes and 6 whole tomatoes. Its a great way to use up any extra veg you have lying around!
Disclaimer: The Knorr Veg Stock Pots are 2SP each so in adding three, the entire pot becomes 6SP. I always track my soup as 1SP a bowl so it is almost (but not really) point-free.
Give it a try. Honestly, its super easy to make and the batch will cover your lunch for the week, saving you time and money when it comes to lunch time.