Run Clare 2016 - Race 1: 5K Resolution Run

Last year saw a new type of race series on the scene, Run Clare. 4 races over 4 months bringing participants from 5km to 5 miles (8km), to 10km to 10 miles (16km) around four different parts of Co. Clare. I loved last years race series so signed up for the 2016 edition without hesitation. Yesterday was the first race of the series, following the same 5km course of last year.

Myself and Sinead arrived close to the start line 30 minutes before the kick off (11am) in the hopes of getting a warm up in but instead we hid from the cold wind and hailstones in the comfort of my warm car until ten to. This was my first chipped road race since the marathon in Sixmilebridge over two months ago so I was looking forward to getting back out there (and for a much more manageable distance).

Myself and Sinead heading to the Start Line (Pic from John O'Neill's Facebook - link)

The race started shortly after 11am as we headed out the old Lahinch Road for 2km before heading back in on the (new) Lahinch Road. I had set out with the hopes of getting home within 25 minutes (5:00/km) but I was happily clocking up sub 4:45/km as I powered through the run. Running always makes me feel great after the fact but I'd forgotten the drive to keep pushing during a run as over the past two months, most of my runs have been in the 5:30 - 6:00/km range. I got home at 23:30 which I was extremely happy with all things considering.


Afterwards I was delighted to see Paula (the girl I had ran a few laps in Sixmilebridge). She had just clocked a 5K PB which always makes for a happy runner. After a cooldown and chat with Sinead, Eugene and Catherine - we headed back to the car and made it home before it started raining again! Another great event with plenty of water and bananas at the finish line (whats not to love about a free banana!). I'm looking forward to the next race, the 5 miler in Quilty.

Myself, Catherine and Sinead :)




Comments

  1. Ever wanted to get free Instagram Followers & Likes?
    Did you know you can get them AUTOMATICALLY AND ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment