6 Races - 6 Weeks - The Galway 5K Series

I signed up to the Galway 5K series a few weeks ago and I can't believe its nearly here. I'm really looking forward to it. Over 6 Tuesday nights, a 5km race is organised by one of the athletic clubs across the county. One race number with one timing chip covers the entire series.

The 5K series sold out in 35 minutes this year which I think was the fastest time yet. The idea is brilliant - run six 5K races over 6 weeks where your only competition is your previous time! Can't wait to get started!


This year the dates and locations are as follows:
  • Athenry - 30th April
  • Claregalway - 7th May
  • Loughrea - 14th May
  • Craughwell - 21st May
  • Galway City - 28th May
  • Tuam - 4th June
I will post after each race to let you know how it all fares out! In other news... I got my 75lb Cert at Weight Watchers this evening - WOOOOOOP! Only another 28lbs to go to Goal *side-eyeballs WW Leader*



Comments