Run Clare 2016 - Race 3: Eamon Moloney 10K

Last Saturday saw the third race in the brilliant Run Clare series, the Eamon Moloney 10K. This race is now in its 4th year (and I've run them all) so I was particularly looking forward to this one. I turned up Saturday morning to check in (as we use the same race bib for all 4 races) and was surprised to get a fab black & red long sleeve t-shirt and a goodie bag with a travel coffee mug, lucozade sport and reflective running gear inside.

The Start Line

The 600+ runners gathered outside the CBS school and despite the looming threat of rain, the clouds held it together and it didn't downpour. The run started bang on 11am and followed the same route as before, heading out the Tulla Rd before turning off (2.5km) onto the back roads. It was at this point the 45 minute pacer caught up with me. I was hoping I'd be able to a 45:00 finish after my 46 in Kinvara earlier this month but it just wasn't in me to keep up with him and somewhere along the back roads of Ballymaley, I lost sight of his blue polka-dot balloon. 

We rejoined the Gort Road around the 6km mark where we ran into the wind. I'd love to blame the wind on my slower last few km's as I made my way back to the Fair Green (and the finish line) but I'll own up to the fact it just wasn't in me. I crossed the finish line at 46:18 fairly pleased with my performance. Was that extra minute in me to shave off my time? Possibly... I'll just have to sign up for another 10K to see!



I didn't hang around the finish line for too long as the promise of a scone and cup of coffee at my sisters (who lives nearby) was strong! The finishers medal was fab - I love race bling, especially nice quality race bling. After I scoffed a banana I made it back to my sisters just before the rain started! Winning :) Next up for me is the last race of Run Clare, the 10 Mile in Kilnaboy. Oh, and loads of Marathon Training...! 

The Medal


Comments