Tuesday, 3 September 2013

McDonald's New Smoothies and Frappe's - Weight Watchers Pro Points

McDonald's have a new range of Frappe's which launched recently, along with their Smoothies. I was in McDonald's with a friend last week and while I didn't have anything to eat (it was post lunch, pre-dinner), I had a drink. I figured I would try one of the new Mango & Pineapple Smoothies instead of a Diet Coke. Hey, Mango, Pineapple, Ice... How bad can it be right?

WRONG! Here come's some cold hard pro-pointed* facts about grabbing a quick fruit drink in McDonald's (under the illusion of it being all healthy):


Mango & Pineapple Smoothie - 6 Pro Points

Strawberry & Banana Smoothie - 6 Pro Points


While I'm at it, I worked out the Pro Points in the new Iced Frappe's:

Mocha Iced Frappe - 12 Pro Points

Caramel Iced Frappe - 13 Pro Points


*The Irish Nutrition part of the McDonald's website appears to be down at the moment (link here) so I calculated these from the US site (link here)

And in case you were wondering, a Latte is 5 Pro Points (Small) or 8 Pro Points (Large).


Stick with the Diet Coke, Water, Tea or Americano for a 0 Pro Point McDonald's bevvie.





7 comments:

  1. That is really good info...I starting my weigh watchers tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one to keep in mind thinking having the fruit smoothie is point free... It aint :)

      Delete
  2. Oh no, I had one of the caramel ones thinking it couldn't be too bad! Deceptive old pro points. Super handy McDonalds tip - you know the sheets of paper they put on the trays? They have the NVs of EVERYTHING they sell in the shop. Very handy to grab one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Little feicereens! In fairness, nothing will surprise me anymore after discovering the Butlers Hot Choc is 16 pps (The Low Fat one is 15pps)

      Delete
  3. Nice post. I like the way you start and then conclude your thoughts. Thanks for this information .I really appreciate your work, keep it up .Thanks a lot for sharing.
    Vitamix

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this useful post. I like smoothies a lot and for slimness achievement such fruit vegetable smoothies pretty much helping me. It's really amazing.

    Blendtec

    ReplyDelete