April Review & Goals for May

I had set myself two goals for April:


Goal 1:
  • Top March's figures:
    • Run for longer than 9 hours
    • Run further than 91K
    • Obtain a better average pace (5m 55s/km) 
Goal 2:
  • Run 15K in a single run

Here is how I did:


SMASHED IT!

While I didn't run for longer than 9 hours (clocked 8h 28m), I ran further and faster than the previous month therefore beating the goal I had set myself to run further than 91K at a better pace than 5m 55s/km. I clocked 92K over 12 runs (Average Run: 7.6K) as opposed to 91K over 16 runs (Average: 5.7K).

You'll also notice my Monday-Wednesdays looking very bare in there but that is because I have been going to bootcamp on Mondays & Wednesdays which has covered my two cross-training days each week.

Also, last Saturday I reached my 2nd goal for the month - Run 15K in a single run.


Overall I feel absolutely amazing like nothing can stop me now :) I ran 5K on Tuesday in 24m 34s which was my new 5K Personal Best. I am also 10lbs lighter going into May than I was starting off April. Win win!

So... What is my goal for May?

My #1 priority goal is to run the Clare Burren Half Marathon at the end of the month which I am signed up for and excited for despite having never run 21K before in my life. But hey, it's a new month so a new challenge :)

Goal 1:
  • Complete my first Half Marathon in 2 hours (give or take a few minutes)

Goal 2:
  • Top April's figures:
    • Run for 10 hours
    • Run 100K
    • Obtain a better average pace (5m 32s/km) 


If I apply my SMARTER goal setting strategy to May, I get the following:

  • Specific - Run further, longer and faster than April (as specified above) and finish the Half Marathon
  • Measurable - Use the Nike Running App
  • Attainable - Of course it is :) Think Positive
  • Realistic - Between the Galway 5K (4 in May) & the Half, along with my training runs - it is!
  • Time-sensitive - 31 days (May)
  • Evaluation - Aim for 25k / week (2 hrs 30 mins commitment a week)
  • Reward - New Running Shoes (my Green Shrek ones have seen some milage at this stage)



Comments

  1. Get all the best spirits and wines at Duty Free Depot!

    All the highest quality brand name beverages for unbelievable discounted prices.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment