What's next for me?

Since I have started running in January, I have always had something over the horizon to keep me focused on my training and running plan. In January, I signed up for my first 10K (in Kinvara) with a gang from work. That pushed me to train and push myself from the Couch-to-5K program to running 7K to running 10K the week before Kinvara.

The week I ran the Kinvara 10K, my friend Clair signed me up for the Half Marathon in May (the one I ran yesterday). That gave me 10+ weeks to bring myself from 10K to 20K which I managed to do successfully - finishing yesterdays Half Marathon in just over 2 hours. Everyone had said the Burren Half Marathon was a toughie and yes it was hard - but I think the fact I didn't know any better stood to my advantage.

So now I'm looking forward again. May is nearly over and I have a two 5K's remaining in the Galway 5K Series still left to do. I am planning to do the Tonabrucky 6K Challenge on June 8th and hopefully another 10K before the end of June (where I hope to break my 52m PB). July will be a busy month for me too as we are off on holidays for two weeks so I need something to keep me focused and in the words of Lady Gaga... On the right track!

So... I have signed to the Rock n Roll Half Marathon in Dublin! BRING IT ON!

The Rock n Roll Half Marathon takes place August 5th (August Bank Holiday Monday) and features a live band every mile along the route. The course profile is fairly flat (TG!) and I hope to smash yesterday's time on this course. Now that I know I can run 20K, I can plan a few over the next 10 weeks to get myself prepped and ready for it. Registration for the event is open here (Link). Registration is €49 but I got €10 off entry using the promo-code ‘OOYO’ when registering. Offer is only valid until 5th June 2013 though.




Comments