Sunday, 18 August 2013

100 Hours Later...

I am officially over the 100 hour mark - it is now the 5th day since my last cigarette (which was at 7am Wednesday morning - not that I'm counting or anything). And despite the fact that I still haven't slept a full night since then - I'm actually quite surprised about how well the whole thing has gone for me. Of course I still find it hard not to want one, but I have really surprised myself this weekend by tackling some of the things I thought would be harder to get through... and I passed with flying colours.

The hour long car drive stuck in Friday afternoon traffic - done!
The night out with drink - done!
The sitting outside with someone else smoking - done!

I'm actually quite proud of myself.



I have decided that for the next few weeks, I am going to treat myself (more importantly my body) to some TLC. Figuring I will be 'saving' €8.50 a day, on Friday I set up a Direct Debit for the full €255 (€8.50 x 30) from my Bank Account to my Credit Union. Considering I always had that money to spend before and I never noticed it leaving my current account, I am going to continue that but in a more productive way by having it in savings. (€255 x 12 Months = €3060).

My Direct Debit doesn't starts until the end of this month, so I have three weekends to pamper myself with the €55 I won't have spent on cigarettes in the interim. Yesterday, we spent the night in Limerick (in a fab hotel called No. 1 Pery Square) so I checked myself into the Spa there and had a pedicure and leg massage for myself. I figure seen as my poor legs have been out on the tarmac for the last few months pounding the streets, the deserve a little pampering. I had my legs scrubbed, filed, wrapped in seaweed, heated, moisturised... It was bliss...

I never splash out on things like that for myself, but now I am making the effort to show myself just what I can get for the same amount of money I was spending on cigarettes. Does anyone out there have any idea of something I should try over the next two weeks? 

Acupuncture? 
A Sports Massage? 
A Facial?
Yoga?

Any recommendations would be hugely appreciated!

This is how ridey I imagine I'll look in a few weeks time

4 comments:

  1. Am on day 8 myself so can empathise. I've been buying household stuff with my savings! I would recommend a facial, they are so relaxing and you usually get a neck and arm massage as well. Or a hot towel shave, my husband loves those but only gets them when I buy him a voucher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant! How are you finding it Ellie?

      Delete
  2. Quantum Binary Signals

    Professional trading signals sent to your cell phone every day.

    Follow our signals NOW and gain up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sports betting system makes +$3,624 PROFIT last week...

    Z-Code System winning picks and predictions for NFL, NBA, MLB & NHL!!!

    ReplyDelete